Thursday, August 21, 2008

RED + RED = GREEN


Red light is not red for everyone. It sometimes looks like green. I have seen one example of red becoming green today when I was returning from my office. I stopped my bike at Narayana's red light. Suddenly I heard siren. I thought it was the sound of ambulance but the sound was coming from a Minister's car. It appeared to me that the Minister had his own law in a democratic set up. Initially I thought Minister Sahab would wait and let the red light turn into green single. But to my great surprise, sounds kept on blowing and blowing. Commando vehicle were finding the way from side to side even though the red light was on. The reaction of our honorable traffic police officer was as if nothing happened. Are all the rules & Regulation in our country made for the common people? If a common civilian crosses red light either by mistake or deliberately, the reaction of the same traffic police becomes so sharp as if a big crime has been committed. People who commit such an offence have to go through punishment either by paying money or by some other ways. But the people’s representative goes unnoticed by the traffic police for the same ‘deliberate mistake’. What kind of law it is? It is really a shameful act on our very notion of being a democratic country. Apart from that, the discomfort that an aam aadmi faces during the VIP movement cannot be expressed through the words. I think rule is rule for every one. Our concerned department should think over it if they really want to maintain law & Order in our country. Being the representative of people, Minister should be first person to abide by the rules and regulations. If we people such offence of crossing the road while green light is on, we can be forgiven but a person holding such a responsible post is not supposed to do so and if does he should not be our representative anymore. Mera Bharat Mahan

No comments: